- Design and construction of transportation systems
Informations financières et juridiques
- Actionnaire :
- Forme juridique :
- Capital en € :
€ 15 300 000
- Effectifs ferroviaires : NC
- LOHR Robert [Chief Executive Officer]
Descriptif / Historique
The history of the LOHR Group is closely bound to the continuous development of the transport world in Europe and globally, via a constant search for innovative solutions which always anticipate the wishes of its clients.
LOHR was founded in 1963 and very quickly developed the first road convoys intended for the transport of cars. Within just a few years it became the European leader in this sector.
In 1975 a military logistics vehicle business was started with success, for not only the French Army but also foreign, European and African armies.
The 1980s were to see the company expand rapidly and awarded the Export Oscar in 1983.
The opening of subsidiaries in various countries (USA, Mexico, China, etc.) confirmed the success of this policy and enhanced our international presence.
At the end of the 1990s LOHR added to its industrial competence with, in particular :
- Urban passenger transport with TRANSLOHR, a range of tramways on tyres which meets the expectations of authorities with a high-performance, economical, ecological transport system (in 2012 this business was transferred to the ALSTOM-FSI consortium)
- Piggyback using the LOHR wagon, a combined rail-road transport system making it possible to load the trucks onto trains. This deals with the problems of congestion, safety and ecology which are posed by some major trunk roads.
Throughout all these years and its ongoing development the Lohr Group has always followed the same guideline : "developing innovative transport solutions to meet customer requirements as closely as possible.